Job seeking is a process you need to be prepared for.
It can include:
- planning your next job or career
- identifying the skills you already have
- finding out whether you need training
- creating or updating your resume and cover letters
- thinking clearly about how and where you search for jobs
- learning how to interview well
- seeking extra support if necessary.
If you have registered for free support, you can get help with all of this. To access the support available, call the Drive Your Future infoline 1800 774 010.
Help with reading and writingHelp is available through community centres in a supportive environment.Read More
Employer expectationsCommon employer expectations to keep in mind when trying to impress your new boss.Read More
How to write a great resumeSummarise your previous jobs, experience, qualifications, achievements and transferable skills.Read More
Preparing a cover letterTips for writing a great cover letter.Read More
Tools for job searchingTips for searching for a job.Read More
Tips for job interviewsHelp to stay calm, giving you the best chance of getting the job.Read More
Find the right jobGet a get a job in an industry that is growing and has a bright future.Read More
Get career adviceAdvice from a Drive Your Future Career Coach.Read More