Understanding and managing stress
Stress affects us all differently
Stress is a natural human response when faced with challenging situations, such as the loss of a job, financial difficulties, or uncertainty about the future.
Stress can affect us all differently, but some signs you may be experiencing stress can include:
- having difficulty sleeping
- experiencing aches and pains unrelated to exercise or any medical condition
- having difficulty concentrating
- not being able to switch-off
- small things getting you down
- withdrawing from relationships, work, or fun activities
- becoming irritable
- feeling tired, anxious or overwhelmed.
Things you can do to stop feeling stressed
Stress is helpful when it increases our ability to take action when facing difficulties. But stress becomes unhelpful when it starts having an ongoing negative impact on our lives. To help manage and reduce stress, there are a few things you can do:
- talk to someone you trust
- see your doctor for a health check
- get some exercise
- eat a healthy, balanced diet
- make time for things you enjoy
- practise meditation or mindfulness.
Beyond Auto can help
It often helps to talk to someone who can put things in perspective and help you get back on track sooner.
Beyond Auto can help and is a free and confidential service that offers one-on-one appointments with trained counsellors, who can help provide advice and support to help with managing stress, as well as a range of other concerns, including:
- mental and general health
- financial and legal concerns
- drugs and alcohol
- reading and writing.
Make an appointment with Beyond Auto
Call 8252 0544