Access information and support to find a job.
Transition centres are available to help auto workers quickly and easily access information and support to find a job. Transition centres are open to help former auto supply chain workers, and their partners, quickly and easily access information and support to find a job.
Warradale Career and Workforce Development Centre
Location: 2/156 Sturt Road, Warradale (opposite Marion shopping centre)
Opening times: Monday and Tuesday 9am to 5pm
Closing date for services at Warradale will be Tuesday 18 December 2018.
Free services available:
- support to find a job
- use a computer
- career coaching
- Beyond Auto appointments (available on Tuesdays).
Drive Your Future services available at the Holden Transition Centre
Location: 180 Philip Hwy, Elizabeth
Opening times: Drive Your Future representatives work from the Holden Transition Centre on Mondays from 10am to 4pm
Free services available:
- Referral to services to help you get a job or improve your skills, use a computer, representatives from Centrelink and Beyond Auto available to answer questions and provide support (9am – 12pm on Mondays only).
- Resume health check service – Drop in to the centre between 10am and 4pm any Monday with your resume, for a resume health check. A Drive Your Future representative will look over your resume and let you know if it is up to industry standard. If it’s not, they will suggest what improvements or changes could be made. If you have any questions about this service, call 1800 774 010.
Connect over free morning tea at the transition centres
Join us for a free morning tea each week, at the Warradale Career and Workforce Development Centre or the Holden Transition Centre.
This is a great opportunity for people who have recently worked in the automotive industry to meet up in an informal setting for a chat and a cuppa and to share stories with people that have been through a similar situation. If you’re looking for work, it’s also a chance to network and hear from others about their job search.
Drive Your Future staff will also be available if you need help with:
- getting a job
- connecting with your community
- personal or family support
- government payments.
There is no need to register to attend – just turn up.
Partners also welcome.
Morning tea at the Warradale Career and Workforce Development Centre
Day: Every Friday – Last morning tea at Warradale will be Friday 14 December 2018.
Time: 9am – 10am
Location: 2/156 Sturt Road, Warradale
Morning tea at the Holden Transition Centre
Day: Every Monday
Time: 10am – 11am
Location: Holden Transition Centre, 180 Philip Hwy, Elizabeth.